Happy Sunday! This post was part of my Beautyheaven guest post series but it has been a while and I haven’t seen it appear on Beautyheaven (I could have missed it) so I’ve decided to post it on my blog. I’m a real fan of wavy hair because my hair really lacks volume and I just love big hair. The problem is my hair is getting damaged every time I decide to curl my hair which can be quite frequent. I’ve been trying heat free curls occasionally and today I’m going to show you how to create heat free curls.
What I used in this tutorial is 3 bobby pins and 3 small hair ties. You can substitute with whatever you have in your bathroom.
1. I start off by washing my hair and semi drying it so that it’s damp. If you don’t want to wash your hair, you can spray it with water.
2. Separate your hair into two (top and bottom). Take the upper half and start twisting until you get it into a bun.
3. Once you have it into a bun, use the hair tie and secure your bun. I also used a bobby pin to pin it down so that it doesn’t move around.
4. Now take the lower section of your hair and separate it into two. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you have 3 buns.
5. Wait for a minimum of 3-4 hours. You can add some hair accessories and go out with it.
Tip: If you are planning on sleeping with it overnight, make sure your twister bun is higher up so that it doesn’t get in the way
6. Remove hair and give it a good ruffle. Add some hairspray to help maintain the curls for longer.
I hope you enjoyed this how to create heat free curls tutorial!
Tell me will you be trying out heat free curls?