How’s the weekend going? For once, mine was pretty busy. I went to a beauty event, dinner and shopping with friends. Today, I wanted to show you how to create some lovely updo hairstyles. They are really quick and really easy to do! It might take some practice at the start but once you get the hang of it, it’s quite easy to do. I usually like to put my hair in a bun a day after I’ve washed my hair, it tends to hold a lot better. If I put my hair into a bun after I’ve just washed my hair, I find that I have too much baby hair sticking up and the bun can’t stay in place the whole day.
For this post, I was sent the Scunci hair bun maker and the ultimate updo clip. The hair bun maker comes with a hair donut, 4 pins and a hair tie. I personally don’t think 4 pins are enough, I ended up using an additional 3 bobby pins (also depends on how long your hair is). The ultimate updo clip comes with a carbon fiber clip.
Tools you’ll need
- Tie your hair into a pony tail
- Slip your pony tail into the donut
- Split pony tail into two sections (upper and lower). Using the upper, start wrapping your hair around the donut. Use the pins as you go to secure hair in place
- Spray on hairspray to keep everything in place and you’re done!
- Without using a hair tie, twist your hair into a bun
- Using the updo clip, slip it into the bottom of your bun
- Pull the clip up so that now the clip is sitting on top
- Push the clip into your bun and you’re done!!
I hope you enjoyed this ‘how to’ post. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!
Hair products was provided for consideration. All opinions are my own.