Today is Chinese New Year, it’s the start of a brand spanking new year for us Chinese people lol. It’s going to be Year of the Snake. People born on a snake year are said to be intelligent and wise. Chinese New Year is based on the lunar calendar, so every year New Year’s day falls on a different day. Luckily, this year it fell on a weekend! Past years have been quite tiring staying up late and then going to work the next day. Today I wanted to share my makeup look I have on for the holidays.
Colours associated with Chinese New Year are red and gold which symbolises happiness and wealth. For my eye makeup, I used both red and gold eyeshadows. The photos didn’t capture the red shadow I was using and it ended up looking kind of bronzy.
For some reason, every time I’m not wearing glasses my face looks and feels naked. So I also took a photo with my new glasses on lol.
- MUFE HD Primer
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 5.5
- Maybelline Dream Lumitouch in Sand
- Face of Australia Bronzing Pearls*
- Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder*
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Paletted – Colours used Half baked & Chopper
- Savoir Faire – Colour used Desire*
- Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss
- Clinique Fresh Bloom in Peony
- Loreal Shine Caresse in 604 Bella
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! If you celebrate Chinese New Year, what have you got planned?
Products marked with an * have been provided for consideration.