One of the recently launched gadgets I’ve been loving is the Philips VisaPure Facial Cleansing Brush. According to Philips, this brush is supposed to be ten times more effective than cleansing by hand. I’ve been using the Clarisonic for the last few months so I was actually quite excited to try this and see how it compared.
I was quite surprised when I opened the box to see two brush heads provided – normal and sensitive. As you know my skin is quite sensitive so I immediately put on the sensitive brush (still haven’t tried the normal brush). The unit has two settings – gentle and deep. I’ve been using the first and second setting interchangeably. I use this every second day with my Shiseido cleanser and my face has been feeling pretty darn good. I always remove my makeup first with my Shu Uemura oil cleanser and then use the cleansing brush to remove any excess makeup.
The stand has two main purposes:
- Charging the cleansing brush
- Storage stand to help the brush dry quicker (hangs upside down)
The cleansing brush is completely waterproof, so you can take it into the shower no problem. I rarely wash my face in the shower so I always use it over the sink. I prefer this brush head over the Clarisonic because it is considerably smaller and can reach places which are harder to get to.
The cleansing cycle timer is set to one minute, after one minute the device will switch off. This is to prevent over cleansing. The battery life is pretty good. I charged it overnight when I first got it and have been using it ever since without having to recharge it yet. Per one charge, you should be able to use it 30 times (1 min intervals). The Philips VisaPure facial cleansing brush retails for $199 and is available at The Shaver Shop.
Now to the good stuff…..
To win this fabulous cleansing brush, all you have to do is tell me in 25 words or less “Why do you want to win the Philips VisaPure Facial Cleansing Brush?” (extra entries for liking my Facebook page or following me on twitter - please let me know in your comment).
- Open to Australian Residents Only
- Must answer the question
- One entry per household
- If you are under 18yrs old, please make sure you get your parents permission
- Winner will be chosen by me and an email will be sent to the winner
- Winner must respond within 2 days or a new winner is selected
- Giveaway ends on the 27th of November at 5pm Melbourne time
- Winner will be announced on this post – please check back
- I will not be held responsible for lost or damaged mail
- Beauty & Things reserves the right to change the terms of this giveaway at any time
The winner is….Sharon W. I’ll be sending you an email shortly, please respond within 2 days.
I was provided with one cleansing brush to trial and one to giveaway. This has not influenced my opinion in anyway.