Happy New Year to all my readers! At the beginning of each year, I like to do a massive clean out of food and products. I was going through my beauty room on the weekend, sorting through all my expired beauty products. I really hate wasting so a lot of the times I don’t throw out expired products and try to find another use for it. Of course if the product smells, texture changed or has started separating, in the bin it goes.
What To Do With Expired Beauty Products
- Facial Cleansers – There are many uses for old cleansing products. I’ve cleansed my makeup brushes with facial cleansers and also as a shaving cream on my legs. If you’re a beauty blogger, save the cleansers to remove swatches on the arm or hand.
- Face Moisturisers – Moisuriser can be used on other areas not as sensitive as the face. I use it on my arms, legs and feet.
- Shampoos – If you’re looking for ideas on what to do with old shampoo, I use mine to wash clip-on hair extensions or wigs.
- Conditioners – A few months ago, we washed our dog who was going through his annual molt. It ended up matting his fur, so we used conditioner as a detangler to remove the knots.
- Lip balms– Lip balms can be use on cuticles to help soften and reduce any dryness. I’ve read lip balms can also be used to minimise foot blisters by applying a layer of lip balm to reduce the friction caused by new shoes.
- Foundations – Foundations can be used to cover any uneven skin on arms and legs such as bruises or mosquito bites.
- Facial oils – I keep my old Rosehip oil and use it on the heels of my foot and put on a pair of socks so I don’t get my carpet oily.
- Eye Shadows – Old eye shadows can be used for art and crafty projects. Katie from Running With A Glue Gun shows how to re-purpose eye shadows and create a beautiful painting.
- Mascaras – You can convert the mascara brush into a brow brush, just make sure you wash off the mascara first.
- Lip sticks – Lipsticks can also be re-purposed for arts and craft. I scribbled with an old lipstick to create the photo above.
- Body Mist/Perfumes – Perfumes can be sprayed on bed sheets, curtains or bathroom and pretty much anywhere. It’s even possible to create a DIY Home Diffuser with old perfume.
Do you re-purpose expired beauty products?