Hiya peeps! Long time no speak or see. I’m not going to make excuses on why I haven’t blogged, I’ve simply been too lazy and procrastinating about anything and everything except blogging.
This week Chemist Warehouse had 50% off all cosmetics (not sure when the sale ends) and I decided to stock up on my favourite eyeliner, the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. While I was at the Maybelline stand, I managed to chuck a few extra items in my basket. I’ve read some positive reviews on the HyperSharp Wings a few months ago and thought why not since it’s on sale. Random purchases of the day were the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer and the Color Drama Lipstick. I’ve tried the concealer yesterday morning and it exceeded my expectation! The coverage is great and the consistency is very smooth and blend-able. I’m still deciding if I like the sponge applicator though. The next product I bought is the Color Drama lipstick in ‘Love Me Pink’. Occassionally, I do love a bright lip that’s easy to apply with minimal smudging. The pencil itself is relatively small and made of wood. The pencil is thick enough to cover the surface area of the lip quite quickly. So far I like this lipstick but will need a couple more weeks to really get to know this lippie. If you want to see what the colour looks like on me, I was wearing it in my recent selfie on instagram.
Did you buy anything from the sale?
Purchased with my own money. Sorry if there are grammatical errors, the hubs haven’t proof read this.
Well chickadees, my trip has come to an end. I’ve been back since Tuesday and went straight to work the following day. It was an amazing trip with lots of eating and sightseeing. I thought I would post about beauty goodies from Taiwan. There were so much stuff that I wanted but I had to keep to a budget. Most of the beauty products I bought were from Watsons, SaSa and Innisfree.
As you can see, I had a thing for face masks this trip. I actually bought 6 boxes and ended up using an entire box while I was over there. I would have bought more but they take up a fair bit of room in my luggage.
Shopping at Innisfree was pretty awesome. I bought 5 individual face mask sheets and they gave me 2 free gifts – the cleansing kit and their best loved collection. Gotta love freebies!!
Here are my Watsons and other drugstore purchases except for the Tony Moly Lip Gloss. I didn’t realise the Biore UV Aqua was that popular until I posted on instagram. It was a random purchase for the husband but now I’ve claimed it as mine. I should have perhaps bought another just in case.
This is my favourite purchase of all – my first ever Jill Stuart product. The packaging is so fancy yet ultra girly, it even comes with a brush. I’m going through a huge dilemma. On one hand, I want to start using it and the other I don’t want to ruin such a precious blush haha.
That’s it for this post, stay tuned next week for the next post where I talk about my trip to Taiwan.
Let me know if you have tried any of the products above, would love to hear your thoughts.
Everything was purchased by me.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!! Today I’m going to share a round up of my 2013 favourite beauty products. Some of these products I’ve used all year and some just recently made it on to my list.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 & 2 – I purchased the Naked Palette 1 & 2 back in November 2012. I’m still using both palettes every week. They are travel friendly and very versatile palettes. I haven’t purchased the NP3 yet but hoping to do so after the New Year.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light – This is the ultimate powder, nothing else compares to it. I recently purchased this in the US. The ambient lighting powder is a finishing power that also helps blur imperfections. It actually made my pores less visible!
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner – Best eyeliner I’ve used in a long time! Stays on all day, doesn’t feather and no smudging!
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Punjab* – This foundation received so much positive reviews on blogs and YouTube so I had to try it myself. It has turned into my favourite foundation as it completely covers up my redness and lasts all day long. Although the foundation says sheer, it is medium coverage. Only downside is that it doesn’t come with a pump which has to be purchased separately.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm* – I wrote about NARS Orgasm Blush in June and I’m still loving it to this day. It is a beautiful peachy pink colour with golden shimmers.
- Lancome Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate – I purchased the Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate when I was in the US. At the time, I had really dry flaky skin. The lady at the Lancome counter recommended me this to incorporate into my skin care routine. First day I used it, my skin felt smoother (so that was a good sign). Progressively throughout the week my skin felt clearer and brighter. This serum is quite expensive, but really worth it.
- Dermalogica Microfoliant – I shared a post on the Dermalogica Microfoliant at the start of the year. My skin is still loving this microfoliant, I haven’t tried anything else.
- Shiseido The Skincare Eye & Lip Makeup Remover – This is by far my most loved eye & lip makeup remover. I’m sad as it’s nearing the end of the bottle and I won’t be buying another one until I’ve finished a few other makeup removers sitting in my beauty cabinet.
What are your 2013 favourite beauty products?
Products marked with * was purchased using a gift card won through instagram. All other products were purchased with my own money.